Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Welcome to 2008



So, here is what my evening consisted of....
*Took Si tot he theatre to see "Alvin and the chipmunks" for the 2nd time.
*He crashed by 8:45 on the way home, and refused to wake up to chill out with me.
**So, I spent the evening watching 2 of my fave reality shows "Pageant place" and "newport harbour" and organizing my living room, and throwing out the Christmas tree.
* I refused to let myself listen to the new years song (I always forget how to spell the title)because for some reason that song brings tears to my eyes, and it was depressing enough spending the evening by myself)
**At midnight I went to go wake up Si by saying "Happy new year" he mumbled "Where am I?" I told him "guess what? It's a new year" and he said"oh" so I said "it's now 2008" and his reply was "I dont like that! I wanna go to sleep" and he rolled over and passed out again.
Now seriously, how many kids would rather sleep then get the chance to hang out past midnight watching tv?

**So, have you set any resolutions/goals for 2008?
Here are some of my goals for the new year....
1)Work on something creative almost every day
2)Submit all of my work and hopefully start seeing some of my work in print...so basically create like a mad woman, and then submit like a mad woman....hee hee
3)Get on a scrapbooking manufacturer Design team (I made it as a finalist for Daisy d's, now if only I could make it to the team)
4)Stop gaining weight..Its depressing when youre heavier 4 years after the birth of your child, then when you were pregnant with him.
5)Really encourage Si with his art...He is only 4, but shit! You should see this kids creations....It amazes me everyday...My boy has got talent!!!!!
Work at being a great momma, a great friend, daughter, etc.
6)Figure out what to do with my relationship with Rob....Do I want to keep working on what feels hopeless as a success story(we get along pretty good, but I just feel like I have lost a LOT of love and respect for him these past years, or do I keep trying to make it work, knowing that Si loves having his family together....
7)Be a daily part of my Grandma's life, now that she lives beside me. I dont know how much longer I will get to hang out with her, so I want to make the most of it, and I want to start documenting her life in a scrapbook for her. Ive been noticing a lot of confusion and short term memory loss with her, so I want to do this while she remembers.
8)Be successful with this 365 challenge over at this blog http://www.scrappingangelsuk.typepad.com/

I didnt mean to bore you, or get too deep with my life here...Just trying to focus on a new year and what I want to achieve in it.
Stay safe!!!!!

January 1, 2008
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: